- A designer/design director with over 20 years experience taking ideas from concept to final fruition, as well as bringing existing brands to life in a huge range of formats.
- Project experience ranges wildly from lapel-sized pins to kilometres of fence fabric to 200-page publications to the Olympic hockey puck. And thousands of projects in between. In short, she knows a thing or two about designing for world-class events.
- Always shown an aptitude for creative, strategic problem-solving but started putting it all together professionally as graphic designer and subsequently the design manager for the Vancouver Canucks where she heartily lived and breathed for 8 years.
- Lived the job-of-a-lifetime dream for 5 years working for Vancouver 2010’s Brand + Creative department as designer and subsequently the Look of the Games department as design manager.
q + a
- Favourite tool: my mac.
- Second favourite tool: watercolour and pen + ink.
- Most loyal friend: Potato, the havanese.
- Biggest weekness: coffee. and popcorn.
- The superpower I wish I had: to be able to “command z” in real life.
Most proud of: my kid.
“Jackie is one of those designers that everyone loves to work with. She does outstanding work, on time and on budget, and makes the process focused and fun. She is creative, smart and organized, always considering the big picture while attending to the details. And she is a thoughtful and strong communicator with sky-high emotional IQ, which has made her an effective leader and collaborator throughout her career. It has been a privilege to work with Jackie and to watch her make such a significant impact on so many world-class projects.”
VICE-PRESIDENT, BRAND + CREATIVE
VANCOUVER 2010 OLYMPIC + PARALYMPIC GAMES
“Jackie is one of the best graphic designers in Canada. That’s why she worked full time for the Vancouver Canucks, the Vancouver Grizzlies, and the ultimate design gig — the 2010 Olympic Winter Games. I had the pleasure of collaborating with her on all three of those jobs over a twelve year period in my role as a Sales Executive. Simply put she has a great eye, amazing style, pays attention to detail and is easy and fun to work. For the last ten years, she has been a tremendous help to me on all the varied assignments I throw her way. Oh, one last thing — she works well under deadline too.”